Global Ecovillage Network Oceania & Asia
GENOA - Global Ecovillage Network Oceania & Asia - is a network of people, ecovillages and organisations in Oceania & Asia. GENOA promotes Ecovillage living where people live together in a sustainable way, with dignity, in harmony with each other and with nature. It was established in 1997 by Max Lindegar.
To get connected in your local area, see our Country and Regional Contacts
We envision a committed and cooperative community of concerned individuals and organizations who share their knowledge, experience and wisdom for the creation of ecovillage communities all over the Oceania & Asia region -- communities where people live together in a sustainable way, with dignity, in harmony with each other and with nature.
Our purpose is to encourage the creation of Ecovillage living and working environments in urban, suburban and rural areas through the following information exchange activities of its members:
- Meetings and conferences
- Online and print publication
- Website information sharing
- Ecovillage exchange visits
- Multi-media Information promotion
- To support the holistic development of sustainable human communities --- economically, socially, ecologically and spiritually through networking.
- Assist in the exchange of information amongst the communities and members in the network.
- Make information widely available about ecovillage core values, concepts and demonstration sites.